What better way is there to focus on the future than to teach with the future in mind? Whether it be collaborative robotics projects in middle school art and science classes or high school pre-engineering classes from Project Lead the Way, students in Mingo County have opportunities from the leading edge of education in the 21st Century. Our implementation of the Common Core State Standards for English language arts and mathematics meets or exceeds state requirements, and our instructional coaches and coordinators are regional and state leaders. But its not all reading, writing, and arithmetic. Performing and visual arts are points of emphasis across the county, and our STEM Program brings hands-on science and engineering to students all the way from kindergarten through high school.
News and updates
- Wednesday, November 20, 2013
- Mingo County Board of Education is looking to fill a vacancy on the school board. The vacancy is for an unexpired term that ends on June 30, 2014. For more information, see this press release.
- Tuesday, December 5, 2013
- RESA II has posted cook and bus driver positions as part of the 21st Cenutry Learning Centers at Williamson PK-8 and Gilbert Middle Schools. A Site Coordinator position at Williamson PK-8 School is also posted. These positions can be found at RESA II.
- Tuesday, December 3, 2013
- Mingo County Board of Education Regular Meeting
- Wednesday, December 4, 2013
- 2nd 9 weeks midterm
- Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- Mingo County Spelling Bee @ Gilbert Middle School
- Friday, December 20, 2013
- Instructional Support and Enhancement Day
- Monday, December 23, 2013 - Wednesday, January 1, 2014
- Christmas / New Year's Break - NO SCHOOL
If you cannot view the movie here, right click on this link and save it to your computer, then open it in your video play of choice (Windows Media Player, iTunes, etc.) - focus_640.mp4.